If you’re looking for a solution to your discoloration, you may assume treatment is only available in-office. However, we can help you obtain a brighter smile from the comfort of your own home. In today’s quiz, let’s take a closer look at our at-home teeth whitening treatment.
Try Our Quiz on At-Home Teeth Whitening
- True or False: Your daily habits can lead to discoloration.
- True or False: We can only address surface discoloration.
- True or False: The treatment uses trays and a bleaching gel.
- True or False: You cannot keep the trays and remaining gel.
- True. For example, when you consume foods and drinks high in sugar or don’t take proper care of your smile (such as brushing and flossing) plaque buildup can accumulate, which makes stains more noticeable. In addition, consuming beverages with dark pigments, such as coffee, red wine, soda, and tea, can also lead to staining. Cigarettes and other tobacco products can discolor your smile as well.
- False. Often, our at-home whitening option an address surface stains, also known as extrinsic stains, and minor intrinsic stains, also known as permanent stains. If your intrinsic staining is to severe, we can also discuss the possibly of masking them with bonding or veneers.
- True. We will create a set of trays and send them home with you, along with a bleaching gel. Each day, you will add gel to the trays and wear them for between a half hour and 45 minutes. Total treatment time takes between one and two weeks.
- False. You can keep the trays and any remaining gel for touch-ups down the road! If you have any questions about addressing teeth stains or about our teeth whitening procedure, please contact our team today.
Would You Like to Try Teeth Whitening?
At Jeffrey Leibowitz, DDS, our team is ready to help address your discoloration with our cosmetic dental procedures. We’ve proudly served our patients in Astoria, NY (including Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and all surrounding communities) since 1991. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Leibowitz, call our office in Astoria today at 718-728-8320.