When you lose a single tooth, we may recommend a bridge or dental implant. But in cases where a patient has lost several, or a vast majority, of his or her teeth, we may suggest a denture. We have several options available to restore the health and function of your smile. Which type of denture does your smile need?
Try Our Quiz on Dentures
- True or False: We can address minor tooth loss with partials.
- True or False: A complete denture replaces every tooth on one or both arches.
- True or False: You can secure dentures with implant dentistry.
- True. A partial is designed to address multiple missing teeth where the lost teeth are spread out across the arch. The prosthetic contains the new teeth, as well as a base that mimics the appearance of gum tissue. Metal clasps will attach the natural teeth and anchor the new ones firmly in place, providing a secure and natural looking solution to missing teeth.
- True. The complete denture includes a full row of replacement teeth and an acrylic base that looks like natural gum tissue. The new teeth will be held in place with natural suction and in some cases, the assistance of a special adhesive. We can use this option to help patients obtain a full smile once again.
- True. For qualifying patients, multiple dental implants can be inserted into the jaw. A denture is then attached to the implants, providing a non-removable and fixed alternative to traditional dentures. The prosthesis never slips and the implants help stimulate the growth of jawbone tissue, allowing your new denture to last much longer than the removable alternatives. If you have any questions about our dentures or dental implants, then contact our team today.
Do You Need Dentures?
At Jeffrey Leibowitz, DDS, our team can help you enjoy a whole and functioning smile once again. We’ve proudly served our patients in Astoria, NY (including Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and all surrounding communities) since 1991. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Leibowitz, call our office in Astoria today at 718-728-8320.