We’re continuing our look at cosmetic dentistry in today’s blog. We’ve discussed how to improve the appearance of your teeth, but what about your gums? For patients with gingival issues, we can often offer a solution with gum contouring. Would your smile benefit from gum contouring? Take today’s quiz and find out!
Try Our Quiz on Gum Contouring
- True or False: Excessive gum tissue could be a sign you need contouring.
- True or False: We use a radiosurgery unit instead of scalpels and sutures.
- True or False: You can enjoy a faster healing time.
- True or False: Gum health is as important as your teeth’s health.
- True. We often treat patients with excessive gingival tissue display. Also known as puffy gums or gummy smiles, the extra tissue can make the teeth appear small or misaligned. If the gum line is also uneven, then we may recommend treatment as well.
- True. The radio surgery unit is comfortable, meaning patients rarely require any aesthesia during treatment. We can safely and carefully remove excessive gum tissue to reshape them. The patient won’t require sutures afterward and the healing process is often faster than treatment using scalpels. Patients rarely experience bleeding and the risk of infection is significantly reduced.
- True. You will able to return to your regular schedule, and also eat and drink as you did prior to the procedure, very quickly!
- True. We often focus on teeth because they are the most noticeable aspect of your smile. But your gums are actually the most important. After all, untreated gum disease can lead to a greater risk of adult tooth loss and seriously uncomfortable symptoms. If you have any questions about gum contouring, or any of our other cosmetic treatments, then please contact our office today.
Do You Have Questions About Gum Contouring?
At Jeffrey Leibowitz, DDS, we can help you maintain beautiful and healthy gums. We’ve proudly served our patients in Astoria, NY (including Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and all surrounding communities) since 1991. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Leibowitz, call our office in Astoria today at 718-728-8320.