Are you missing a tooth? Losing even a single tooth can hinder the health and appearance of your smile. In order to return your smile to full function and health, you may need a dental prosthetic. Your Astoria NY dentist, Dr. Jeffrey Leibowitz, restores smiles with the placement of a custom-made dental bridge.
Astoria Dental Bridge Quiz
1. True or False: Dental bridges can replace one or more teeth.
2. True or False: Our dental bridges are removable.
3. True or False: A dental bridge looks natural.
4. True or False: Dental bridges don’t require any special maintenance.
1. True. Each bridge will be custom-made based on an impression of your smile and your Astoria NY dentist’s exact specifications. With the placement of a dental bridge, you will be able to eat, speak, and smile with comfort and ease.
2. False. A dental bridge is fixed, meaning you don’t need to remove the bridge. The artificial teeth will have a crown on each end. The crowns will be placed on the natural teeth on either side of the gap in your smile. These crowns will be attached using a powerful bonding agent, ensuring a durable, fixed dental prosthetic.
3. True. Each bridge will be custom-made using lifelike dental materials. The crowns will be shaded and designed to blend seamlessly with your smile. No one should be able to tell you’re wearing a bridge except you and your Astoria NY dentist.
4. False. Like your natural teeth, your dental bridge will require routine maintenance and cleaning to ensure many years if quality restoration. You will need to brush your bridge and your natural teeth. You will also need to floss between the crowns and your teeth, as well as clean the small space where your bridge meets your gum. Dr. Leibowitz will offer detailed instruction on caring for your new dental bridge.
About Dr. Leibowitz:
Dr. Jeffrey Leibowitz, a native New Yorker, has served patients and families from Astoria, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and all surrounding communities since opening his dental practice in 1991. To schedule an appointment at our Astoria dentist’s office, contact us at (718) 728-8320 today.