Recently, the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons conducted a study that shows 69% of adults over 35 are missing at least one permanent tooth. By age 74, the number of adults missing all of their teeth reaches 26%. Tooth loss can be an embarrassing issue that hinders the health and beauty of your smile. Fortunately, your Astoria dentist, Dr. Jeffrey Leibowitz, offers a solution for tooth loss with dental bridges. In today’s blog, Dr. Leibowitz discusses the advantages of a dental bridge with a fun quiz.
Astoria NY Dental Bridge Quiz
1. True or False: Missing teeth may lead to misalignment.
2. True or False: A dental bridge replaces one or more missing teeth.
3. True or False: Your dental prosthetic will be custom-made.
4. True or False: With proper care, a bridge can last for several years.
1. True. When you lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth often drift towards the empty socket. Crooked or crowded teeth affect more than just your appearance. Misalignment makes thorough brushing and flossing difficult, providing hiding places for bacteria and stray food particles. Over time, this increases the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Immediately addressing a lost tooth aids in the prevention of misalignment.
2. True. A replacement tooth will be created with crowns on either side. The crowns will be placed on the natural teeth on each side of the gap in your smile. The crowns anchor your fixed bridge into place, allowing you to eat and speak normally.
3. True. Using an array of lifelike materials, the experts at our dental lab will fabricate a strong and esthetically pleasing restoration.
4. True. By maintaining good dental habits, including attending checkups and brushing and flossing regularly, you can enjoy a quality dental prosthetic that may last up to 15 years.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Astoria NY Cosmetic Dentist
Interested in replacing missing teeth with a dental bridge? To learn more about our cosmetic and restorative solutions for tooth loss, talk to your Astoria NY cosmetic dentist today. Dr. Leibowitz will decide if a dental bridge is the right choice for you. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Leibowitz by calling our 11106 dentist’s office today at (718) 728-8320. We proudly serve patients from Astoria, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the surrounding communities.