We often talk to patients about brighter smiles. For many, a whiter smile is key to feeling great or maintaining a professional appearance. In today’s blog, we’re going to talk about our treatment options for removing teeth stains, and other ways of keeping your smile bright!
Teeth Whitening Options
- At-Home Teeth Whitening: We can often remove surface stains with a home-based treatment option. We provide patients with a custom-made set of plastic trays, as well as a bleaching gel. The patients will fill the trays with gel and wear them for 30 to 45 minutes a day. The total treatment time varies, but typically last between one and two weeks. Our at-home whitening system provides more dramatic results than most store bought options.
- Dental Cleaning: A simple dental cleaning helps protect the health of your smile by removing plaque buildup from the teeth. Plaque not only makes stains more apparent, but can also increase the risk of gum disease and tooth decay. You can improve your smile’s health and help brighten the appearance as well.
- Dental Bonding: Stains that form below the surface are known as intrinsic stains. These may not respond to traditional whitening methods. However, we can mask them with dental bonding, which involves applying a composite resin to the teeth to mask them. We can also use the procedure to close gaps between teeth and or repair minor damage.
- Porcelain Veneers: With veneers, we can also address permanent discoloration, as well as a host of issues with the shape and color of a tooth. We place them over the front of the teeth, which allows them to completely transform the smile with a single procedure.
- Routine Homecare: Finally, when you brush and floss your teeth at home, you help control how much plaque can form. You can allow your smile to stay brighter for longer periods.
Any More Questions About Teeth Whitening?
At Jeffrey Leibowitz, DDS, we can help you achieve a brighter smile. We’ve proudly served our patients in Astoria, NY (including Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and all surrounding communities) since 1991. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Leibowitz, call our office in Astoria today at 718-728-8320.