When a tooth becomes damaged or develops an oral health issue, such as decay or infection, then a restoration is needed. Otherwise, the risk of discomfort or losing the tooth increases. Fortunately, we can create and place a lifelike dental crown, improving your smile in as little as two visits.
Try Our Quiz on Dental Crowns
- True or False: We use a variety of materials to create them.
- True or False: Placement takes two visits.
- True or False: We can repair and restore a tooth.
- True or False: Maintaining your new restoration is simple.
- True. For teeth in the back of the mouth, we may place one made from zirconia or porcelain-fused-to-metal, as these materials can withstand the greater bite forces that rear teeth may need to endure. For the teeth closer to the front of the mouth, we may place ceramic, a strong and natural looking material that mimics the appearance of natural tooth enamel.
- True. The first visit involves preparing the teeth by removing a small amount of structure and then taking detailed impressions. You may receive a temporary in the following week or so, when the new restoration is created. During the second visit, we will place the completed crown with a powerful bonding agent.
- True. We can repair cracked, chipped, or broken teeth. We can also restore decayed or infected teeth. We can also help teeth that have been worn down. Should you lose a tooth, they can be used to anchor a dental bridge in place or to restore a single tooth dental implant.
- True. You just need to provide the same level of care as you would for your natural teeth, brushing twice a day, flossing each night, and seeing your dentist twice a year for checkups and cleanings.
Ready for a Restoration?
At Jeffrey Leibowitz, DDS, we can place a lifelike dental restoration to improve the health and function of your smile. We’ve proudly served our patients in Astoria, NY (including Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and all surrounding communities) since 1991. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Leibowitz, call our office in Astoria today at 718-728-8320.